The circuit that this signified triggered in that conversation can be represented as
An analysis of most
conversation shows that verbal communication consists of arrays of such mini-circuits that are
somehow seen as leading to an overall meaning source or purpose to a specific
Often the circuit is made up of a series of metaphorical signifieds, which are interconnected
to each other in the discourse pathway. In one conversation about ideas, an interlocutor
made use of the following metaphorical signifieds:
- I cant see the point of your ideas.
- What is your point of view?
- Can you visualize what I am saying?
- How do you view what he just said?
- I glanced over that new theory.